Pages

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Once a stream








If my tarbiyah is a small river

I wonder what colour it is now,
left stagnant blocked, untouched,
leaving chance for the blowing ashes.

I wonder what state it is now,
Is it cold uninviting,
Or rather now an inkling to different sorts of invitees.

Maybe this is a help.
Maybe this is a test.
For how long, love?

********************

Al-Aswad lbn Hilal reported: As we were walking with Mu’adh bin Jabal one day, he said, 
‘Let us sit down for a while to meditate on Allah.’

I miss having friends to sit down and talk about Allah.

Maybe Allah wants me to correct my niyah.
Maybe Allah wants me to practise what I have learned before.
Maybe Allah wants me to work extra hard to remember him and and continue finding my own usrah.

There are other ways of remembering Him, I know.

but I guess I'm just too scared that I'm not strong enough.
Please make doa for me.

Maybe I should try to practise the doa' taught by Rasulullah SAW to Muadz:

‘O Allah help me in remembering You, in offering thanks to You, and in worshiping You properly.”



Ps: I am much thankful that Allah blessed me with a lifetime naqib though. Despite my other half's busy housemanship, Alhamdulillah he's there to be my Naqib cum usrahmate. Jazakallahukhayr my dearest. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment