Alhamdulillah. Akhirnya....
Akhirnya mula jatuh cinta dengan Sims.
Teehee.
And I'm just loving the team I have here in Northampton
Layla, Mike, Kim and Krish- they lots are fun :)
We always have simulation scenario or Sims in every block.
Where we got manikin, which are set to breath or sound or verbalised like a sick patient. You can actually see the dada turun naik, you can feel the pulse, you can hear noisy breathing etc.
It's amazinggg...well, the manikin is. I know I know..I'm still jakun and amazed even after these 5 years ;)
The tricky bit is- we needed to assess the acutely unwell patient and treat accordingly.
Everytime we got simulation,
I would feel so sick and scared.
I knew I would be acting so awkwardly. Like my mind would turn blank.
I've learnt A to E assessment, I've learned Immediate Life Support (ILS), I've learned how to treat some emergencies, all in separate sessions.
And boom, when it's all in one integrated scenario, I erm erm erm., I boom as well.
Right, I know I got to assess the Airway first but when do I take history? lalala.
Itu belum masuk nak treat the conditions, terus facts, and algorithm jatuh terbang and terjun ke dalam lautan.
But :)
Today Allah gave me a nice surprise.
I think Allah knows that I need His pujukan.
Before I started mine, I told Him.
"Oh Allah, I know that I don't like this simply because I'm bad at it. If you can make me slick at least this time around, maybe, maybe I'll be less nervous and I'll grow to love learning from the session?"
And He actually me gave anaphylactic shock scenario! And I'd just read it yesterday.
Alhamdulillah thumma Alhamdulillah. Hee..
Terkedu bila Vicky and my colleagues said "you were really good and so calm".
Vicky said what I can improve on is, to give half of the pre-filled syringe of Adrenaline first, rather than all and give the rest if patient hasn't improved. "But you gave IM, so despite giving whole syringe, it's still fine, that's the bonus and most important!". Okay Vicky, next time, I'll give half the syringe :)
Phew, it was just mindblowing.
Kalau lah Allah tak takdirkan baca semalam,
I wouldn't remember 0.5mg salbutamol nebs, 200mg hydrocortisone IV, aynd 10mg chlorpheniramine IV. Well, with my gold fish memory.
Super terharu dengan my Al-Lateef.
And Alhamdulillah, when the patient gets cardiac arrest (which was a part of each scenario), it was PEA (pulseless electrical activity), non-shockable, which I am more comfortable in treating and injecting adrenaline for, compared to treating any shockable rhythm.
(Okay I know I know I should learn and start being comfortable with treating shockable rhythm too)
Memang Allah tolong sangat..
Terus rasa nak wink kat langit.
"Allah, thank you!"
:) He knows. He just knows that I need this boost of confidence.
Thank you Al-Lateef!
p/s: Suddenly I love cardiology so much. Cardiologist in the making? :P Terus.
Dr Sandilands mesti bangga kalau dengar tutee dia cakap cam gini.
But serious ni.😎🙊
Funny bit was when I was asking my nurse,
"Krish, the patient's wheezing and Sats getting worse. Can you please get me 0.5mg with the nebs mask from the drawer please". And Krish was looking at me, the patient, and the clock for a good 10 seconds.
And I was stunned abit, "Err Krish?" and I repeated my request. Everyone was laughing at that time. Apparently he was counting Respiratory Rate
:P
Anyway,
Doakan saya terus semangat study!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nana's notes:
Sharing some tricks I've learned from today's session with Vicky and friends:
1) Talk to patient. Airway patent if they are talking.
2)Ask the nurse "can you do me a set of obs please"
3) Now, your job is to take history quickly (SAMPLE mneumonic) before the patient gets too unwell to tell you anything.
4) sambung B, C, D, E if there's anything left undone
so kiranya the quick history sort of under Airway.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment